Vendor Assurance Policy
Vendor Assurance Policy
SWM's Vendor Assurance can assist vendors with transaction issues when they arise with buyers. SWM will work with you to resolve disputes and other problems that come up with your SWM store. This Vendor Assurance Policy explains the steps you must take to be eligible for assistance and the types of goods and transactions that may be covered.
This policy is a part of our Terms and Conditions. To qualify for Vendor Assurance coverage, you agree to this policy and our Terms and Conditions.
1. Vendor Eligibility Requirements
Eligible Vendors are automatically enrolled in Vendor Assurance -- there is no need for a special application. The following requirements must be met so that your store is covered:
- Keep your store in good standing (that means you're not violating any of SWM’s Terms.
- Create your Store Policies (You will need to outline your policies for returns, refunds and pertinent information relating to shipping including additional processing, longer than usual shipping times and special orders).
- Provide images and descriptions which describe exactly what your customers will receive.
The following will ensure your orders are covered by SWM's Vendor Assurance Policy:
- Ship your order according to the information in your store policies or as agreed upon through documentation having used SWM’s “Ask a Question” system. All agreements made through this system are recorded as email and are a valid form of written agreement.
- Ship the order to the address listed on the SWM order.
- Use SWM’s USPS or FedEx Shipping Labels. The order will automatically be marked as shipped and tracking information, where applicable, will be forwarded automatically to the buyer.
- Maintain records of shipments including proof of delivery where applicable. Acceptable proof can include shipping or tracking numbers that show order and delivery information.
2. Items and Transactions Not Eligible
Most shipped items qualify for Vendor Assurance but there are some exceptions
- Items sold in person; if you meet a buyer to sell a product, or, if you sell something such as livestock, be sure to have written agreements signed and sales receipts in duplicate.
- Subscriptions or any transactions in which the buyer offers a one-time payment for recurring deliveries (such as Community Supported Agriculture – CSA subscription).
3. Vendor Protection
If your store and an order in question satisfy the eligibility requirements, SWM will do our best to assist with cases and chargebacks. Additional information may be required of you so be sure to have all written correspondence at hand. If a chargeback is filed against you, we'll need you to respond to any inquiries from SWM within 5 calendar days. If you don't give us the necessary information in time, we may not be able to help resolve the dispute. Please keep in mind that we can't guarantee a resolution in your favor.
4. Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of SWM, you can create and upload a variety of content, including logos, text, images, and videos. So that we can keep the community safe and peaceful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, or harassing;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone’s privacy or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
Interested in joining us? We would love to have you!