SmartWorld Market (SWM) is a marketplace where you can buy high quality safe, sustainable, non-toxic products directly from sellers (Vendors) in the United States. Whether you are looking for organic, eco-friendly or non-toxic products in virtually any category, we want you to enjoy the SWM shopping experience. Please read the entire Buyer Assurance Policy to learn about your rights, as well as the best way to take advantage of our services, as a buyer.
Understanding SWM’s Limitations as a Venue
SWM provides a venue for buyers to find, learn about, and enter into transactions with Vendors in the United States. Please note, however, that SWM is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on SWM, you understand that:
- You are not purchasing directly from SWM, but from a Vendor on SWM. Think of it as like shopping at your local mall;
- SWM does not pre-approve Vendors and does not provide any guarantee or endorsement any items sold on SWM or content posted by Vendors (such as images or content used in listings or store policies); and
- Every Vendor on SWM has their own processing schedule, shipping methods, and store policies.
Communicating with SWM Vendors
You can use SWM’s Ask a Question (“AQ”) tool found with any product offered by a Vendor to communicate directly with Vendors as soon as you register. AQs are a great way to ask Vendors any questions you have about an item. AQs may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending advertising, promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Hassling or vexing Vendors;
- Contacting a Vendor after they have explicitly asked you not to.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with a Vendor’s store in order to drive traffic away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on SWM. Examples of interference include:
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with a Vendor;
- Purchasing from a Vendor for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review.
Purchasing an Item on SWM
When you make a purchase from a store on SWM, you are supporting an independent business. Every store contains unique listings, policies and processing times. When making a purchase from a seller on SWM, you agree that you:
- Have read the product description and store policies prior to making a purchase;
- Have provided accurate shipping information to the seller.
Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are a useful tool to discover more about a Vendor’s products and reputation. Please use good judgement when leaving a less-than-good review. By this we mean PLEASE give a Vendor an opportunity to correct any shortcoming that may have occurred, prior to marking them for life with a bad review. A bad review should be a last resort as it is black mark on a Vendor or their product(s) and will have a severe negative impact on their ability to transact business.
You can leave a review, including a one to five-star rating, within 30 days of making a purchase. You may edit your review any number of times during that 30-day period.
Vendors may respond to a review. We reserve the right to remove reviews that violate our policies or Terms and Conditions.
Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
Although SWM is not legally
involved in a transaction between a buyer and a Vendor, we offer a messenger
system in the unfortunate event your transaction with a Vendor does not go as
expected. You can use SWM’s messenger system to arrive at a mediated,
non-binding resolution with the Vendor in the event of a non-delivery, or if a
product you receive is different from the description in the listing. (Click the “Messenger” link to learn how to open communications with a Vendor.) You can Messenger
under the following conditions:
A Non-Delivery occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment, but the seller does not ship the item or does not ship the item to the correct address. The following are examples of Non-Delivery cases:
- An item was never sent.
- An item was sent to an address that is not on the SWM receipt or was not verified through “Ask a Question” or USPS/FedEx address verification.
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer’s address.
An item is Not-as-Described if it is materially different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are some possibilities of Not-as-Described cases:
- The item which you received is a different color, model, version, size or number.
- The item(s) design or material is different from advertised.
- The Vendor failed to disclose damage or missing parts to an item.
- The condition of the item is different from that which was advertised, e.g. the description said the item was “new” and it is in fact used.
Not-as-Described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- A deadline was agreed upon by the buyer and seller.
- The item(s) are rendered unusable after that date.
The following are not eligible for SWM’s Messenger system:
- Items that have been purchased directly from a Vendor, not through the website.
- Prohibited Items.
- Transactions where payment is not made through SWM’s payment platform.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, or washed after receiving them.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Cancelled transactions that have already resulted in a refund.
Requesting a Cancellation
Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order by contacting the Vendor directly.
Returning an Item
Each seller has his or her own return policies, which should be outlined in their Store Policies. Not all Vendors accept returns.