The BeeHaven kit introduces gardeners to solitary summer leafcutter bees. Kit includes BeeHaven house, nesting tubes, and gentle summer bees. Bee house is quick to set up, making it easy to raise leafcutter bees for summer gardens! Bees shipped through redemption of certificate code included on BeeHaven label.
The BeeHaven is a summer gardener's introduction to raising solitary leafcutter bees. Summer leafcutter bees are generalist pollinators who will help you grow more legumes, squash, melons, tomatoes, peppers, and sunflowers!
Summer Leafcutter BeeHaven Kit contains:
- BeeHaven house (8" long x 2" wide x 2" tall) with instructions printed inside label
- 12 EasyTear tubes in 6mm size for summer leafcutter bees
- 30 leafcutter bee cocoons
Easy to follow instructions are included in the inside label of the BeeHaven bee house.
Summer leafcutter bees ship May through August.
Not sure when to have your summer leafcutter bees delivered? Leafcutter bees need minimum 75F and your summer garden blooms ready to pollinate. If you are planting seeds or small starts, it may be several weeks before the plants are mature enough to blossom.
Please note: Leafcutter bees take about 3 weeks for us to incubate. If you request shipping prior to three weeks from the date of your order, shipping will be on a first come - first serve basis.
SUMMER Leafcutter Bees available May—August
- Summer bees require temperatures of 75°F (24°C) or warmer AND sufficient sources of pollen/nectar for best performance.
- We incubate your summer bees so they arrive ready for immediate placement outdoors.
- If you are seeking pollination for your flowering summer vegetables, consider when these plants will flower. A seedling planted in April or May may not produce flowers until June or July.
- Current agricultural restrictions prohibit the shipment of leafcutter bees to the state of HI, and other countries outside of the continental United States.
KEEP BEES SAFE
- A hot mail box can be harmful to developing or emerging bees. If you are not home during the day to retrieve your bees, consider having them shipped to your workplace.
- Select the Monday when you would like your bees shipped, allowing 1-5 days for delivery. When the bees ship, you will receive a USPS tracking number by email.
- We care about your success and do our best to provide healthy bees. While most customers successfully raise gentle bees, it is important to understand that bees are wild insects and may not nest in your yard, may be eaten by birds, and may not emerge from their cocoons. We cannot guarantee survival, pollination of crops, or reproduction of bees.
- These bees are gentle, typically non-aggressive and rarely sting, While there have been no known reported cases of anaphylactic shock in association with these bees, the use and handling of solitary bees may result in allergic reaction for some users.
No posts found